May 18, 2009 · 1:26 am
Before we get to the news story (well comics/movies/animation news anyway) that has been jerking me around so bad that I’ve got whiplash, we need to cover a few housekeeping chores here first.
1. Don’t forget … if you’re reading this blog and you want me to answer a question that you might have about comic books, especially behind the scenes stories that may have occured since I went professional in 1982 … ASK! We’ve even given this special fanatic feature a name and its own logo. This is your chance to ASK THE DWO. If you’re curious about me and what I might have some intimate knowledge of … check out the BACKGROUND page.
2. Vote for me. Immediately below the “Calendar” and the “Contact the DWO” headers in the right-hand, there is a little blue box that says “Vote for me.” While I admit that I don’t know exactly what this does, apparently the slaves rowing in the galley of the internet get an extra bowl of gruel if you vote regularly. Continue reading →
Filed under Behind the Scenes, Fanatic General, Point-of-view
Tagged as Adrian Askeriah, Ask The DWO, Black Widow, Dan Mazeau, Daniel Alter, Doug Wildey, Dwayne Johnson, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Emma Peel, Flash, Hadji, Jonny Quest, Race Bannon, Speed Racer, The Flash, The Rock, Zac Efron
May 11, 2009 · 2:00 am
SUDDENLY I’M A MUCH MORE POPULAR FANATIC
In a recent post, I discussed the amazing work done by Diamond Comic Distributors Elissa Lynch (and Leslie Jackson) as she successfully got Hugh Jackman to record a PSA promoting Free Comic Book Day and comics in general. (CLICK HERE) Thanks to links from many of the comic blogosphere’s best read sites, more people came to Funny Book Fanatic to check out the “story behind the story,” nearly four times more than on any usual day. I want to take this opportunity to thank …
1) Heidi MacDonald @ The Beat
2) Tom Spurgeon @ Comics Reporter
3) J.C. Vaughn @ Diamond’s SCOOP
4) The cool Robot 6 folks @ Comic Resources
Plus an honorable mention to the website home of Joe Field’s Flying Colors store. (Free Comic Book Day was Joe’s idea.) Continue reading →
Filed under Behind the Scenes, Fanatic General
Tagged as Black Widow, Diana Rigg, Emma Peel, Flying Colors, Free Comic Book Day, Hugh Jackman, Iron Man, J.C. Vaughn, Joe Field, Jon Favreau, Kate Mara, Mrs. Peel, Robert Downey, Robot 6, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Spurgeon
December 5, 2008 · 12:32 am
I am not saying, let me repeat, NOT SAYING that this is actually a good idea. I’m saying that I think it might be a good idea. I’m saying that other people that I respect (hey there T.K.) think this is a good idea. Here is the idea … take a minute out of your Fanatic Friday and ask me something. Ask me anything.
This probably doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone, there is a lot of stuff I don’t know. In all fairness to my enormous fanatical ego, there is also a ton of stuff I do know. Useful stuff. Surprising stuff. I know some facts. I know a lot of people who can provide me with the facts that I don’t know. Plus, I have a lot of opinions. Not just any old uninformed, tavern swill, beer goggle, Fox News(?) Channel opinion. I have “been there … done that” opinions. Despite any claims by my friends to the contrary, I’m also reasonably thoughtful and reasonably … well … reasonable.
Let’s see … what can you ask me about?
Continue reading →
Filed under Ask The DWO, Fanatic General, Fanatical History, Trivial Fanatics
Tagged as Comics Interview, David Anthony Kraft, Defenders, DoggWorks, Emma Peel, John Steed, Minnesota Vikings, X-Thieves